Patient Comforts for the Best Dentist Experience
At our practice, we strive to be one of the best dentists in the Richardson area. That’s why we don’t just offer our patients high-quality dental work that will keep their smiles healthy, strong, and beautiful; we also pride ourselves on our gentle care and customer service. While you are waiting for your procedure, and during your visit, don’t forget to take advantage of our patient comforts.
Where Does Dental Anxiety Come From?
Even though we’re dental professionals ourselves, we can understand why the idea of regular dental appointments (let alone more intense treatments) can be unpleasant for a lot of people. It’s not very fun to lie flat on your back while strangers poke around at your teeth and gums, and maybe it’s easier to hope there are no cavities instead of letting a dentist check and risk getting bad news. A lot of people feel this way, but for the sake of having healthy smiles, it’s important not to succumb to it.
Other people might have a specific bad memory that they associate the dentist with. Maybe they had a negative experience that gave them a terrible impression of dentists in general, or maybe older family members told them about their bad experiences and passed on their dental anxiety that way. At our practice, patient comfort and creating the best dentist experience is one of our highest priorities, and we would love to help any patients overcome anxiety based on previous experiences.
Strategies for Fighting Dental Anxiety
Here are a few things we recommend trying to help with feelings of dental anxiety:
- • Don’t wait until a scheduled appointment to visit the dental office. Come in ahead of time to meet the team and get familiar with the space. Maybe even bring a friend or family member along so you can feel as in control as possible.
- • Learn about what goes into a typical dental appointment. Ask questions and get an idea of how the process will go so that you won’t have to worry about any surprises.
- • Discuss your anxiety and what you think the cause might be with the dentist. When the best dentists are aware of a patient’s dental anxiety struggles, they are much better able to help.
- • Bring a relaxing distraction like your favorite music or podcast to listen to during the appointment.
- • Remember that modern dentistry is full of conveniences and comforts that didn’t exist for our parents and grandparents! We get a pretty great deal in the 21st century. The best dentists in history are modern dentists thanks to the tools we have and all the knowledge we can benefit from.
At Richardson General and Cosmetic Dental you can enjoy:
- • Blankets
- • Head rolls
- • A beautiful waiting area
- • A TV in every room
- • Aromatherapy
- • Stress ball
- • Nitrous oxide sedation (laughing gas)
- • Convenient Friday appointments for oral sedation (anti-anxiety pills) if needed
We hope every patient we interact with can leave our practice feeling confident that their healthy smiles are in good hands. If you struggle with dental anxiety or have a family member who does, we want to help, so schedule a time to visit the practice, get used to our facilities, and meet our team. We can’t wait to answer your questions and help you feel confident you’ll have your best dentist experience with us.
Going to the dentist can be an enjoyable experience, before, after, and during a procedure. To find out more about our patient comforts, please contact us. We would be happy to answer your questions and warmly welcome you into our office to set up an appointment. We hope your experience with us is your best dentist visit!