Oral Surgery at Richardson Cosmetic Dentistry
Your Oral Surgery Specialist in Richardson, TX
We offer a wide scope of oral surgery services in Richardson focused on improving and protecting your oral health, from dental implants to gingivectomy. Having worked in Richardson, Texas as well as the surrounding areas for many years, we have established Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry as a leader in solving oral health problems.
How Can We Help?
Our doctors and the entire staff at Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry understand that dental procedures, especially dental surgery, can cause patients to become anxious. Other than anxiety some patients feel that their questions go unanswered but because we practice patient-centered care, all of our patients are treated like family. Our valued patients leave feeling confident that they’ve received the best possible oral surgery care.
When providing treatment, our first priority is patient comfort and safety. Several methods of anesthesia are available. The method of anesthesia that is chosen for or by a patient depends upon the nature of the surgical procedure and the patient’s level of apprehension.
At Richardson Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer local anesthesia for simple procedures like minor soft tissue procedures and simple tooth extractions, nitrous oxide sedation with local anesthesia for more involved procedures like wisdom teeth removal and dental implants, or general anesthesia with local anesthesia for all types of oral surgery if that is the patient’s preference.
What Types Oral Surgery Services Does Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry Offer?
We’ve been serving the communities of Richardson in Texas and we are proud to have built lasting relationships with our community and look forward to building a great relationship with you. We focus and specialize in the following oral surgery procedures:
- Dental Implants: there is no better artificial replacement for a tooth than a dental implant, which mimics the appearance and function of natural teeth.
- Gingivectomy: a gingivectomy is a procedure that removes and reshapes loose, diseased gum tissue to get rid of pockets between the teeth and gums.
- Guided Tissue Regeneration: GTR is a technique used to repair periodontal defects so that a tooth or set of teeth has more support and stability. Damage from gum disease can make GTR necessary.
- Gum Contouring & Reshaping: if you have a “gummy” smile, this procedure can reduce the gum tissue and give your smile the appearance you want.
- Gum Grafting: in cases of gum recession, gum grafting can restore the gum tissue around the exposed roots of the teeth. Gum recession can be caused by gum disease or overbrushing.
- Tooth Extractions: as a last resort in cases where it isn’t possible to save a tooth through root canal therapy or orthodontic treatment, it may need to be extracted.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: not everyone has a full set of wisdom teeth (or any at all), and some who do have room in their jaws for them to come in correctly, but others need them extracted.
An Overview of Dental Implants
Dental implants can be used to replace just a single lost tooth or to replace an entire set of teeth. There are big differences between the two approaches, however, that your dentist can discuss.
With a single tooth implant, unlike with fixed bridgework, there is the advantage of not having to reshape the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth space. Especially when these side teeth have nothing wrong with them in the way of big fillings or existing crowns, implants are often the best option.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are in the area of Richardson, Texas and would like to receive a consultation, please give us a call at (972) 690-6653 or send us a quick email. We look forward to serving you.