Restorative Dentistry at Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry
All About Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry in Richardson, Texas
We offer prosthodontics and restorative dentistry as your dentist in Richardson, TX. Prosthodontics and restorative dentistry focus on the aesthetic and functional restoration of damaged or missing teeth and are a significant part of the restorative dental services offered here at Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry. Additional training and years of experience are needed to effectively treat patients with complex cases, which is why so many of our patient’s trust Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Prosthodontics, Restorative, and Cosmetic Dentistry at Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry
Prosthodontics may involve the reconstruction of a patient’s front teeth and therefore will have a significant impact on the patient’s appearance. This is why some prosthodontics have aspects of aesthetic or cosmetic dentistry. The philosophy of our dentist in Richardson is to help a patient look better but always within the context of creating and preserving their oral health.
Restorative and Prosthodontic Services Offered by Your Dentist in Richardson
Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry can correct a wide range of tooth replacement and aesthetic issues. Some of these restorative treatments can include the following products or treatments:
- Flippers and Removable Partial Dentures: a removable, temporary tooth replacement for patients who have lost a tooth due to disease or injury while they wait for their permanent implant. Flippers are very easy to pop in and out, which is particularly useful for keeping them clean.
- Full and Partial Dentures: in some situations, a patient may not have enough healthy teeth left for other procedures. In such a case, the remaining teeth are removed and a full set of dentures is provided. There are also partial dentures. These are similar to a bridge but are removable.
- Hybrid Prosthesis: hybrid dentures, or fixed-detachable prostheses, are dentures that attach to four or more implants in the jaw. They do not rub against the gums like removable dentures can, and they work much more like natural teeth, opening up a wider range of food possibilities to the patient.
- Implant Restoration: but just like real teeth, dental implants can become damaged even when we’re taking great care of them. It could be the result of the implant not bonding sufficiently to the jaw bone, or the jaw bone itself could be the problem. Your dentist in Richardson can help.
- Implant Retained Dentures: enjoy the advantages of dentures combined with those of dental implants. You get to enjoy the stability, esthetics, and longevity of implants with the affordability of dentures, as well as a much shorter recovery period than a full mouth reconstruction with conventional individual implants would require.
- Implant Retained Partials: more stable and long-lasting than removable partial dentures, but far more affordable than replacing each individual missing tooth with implants.
Our doctors and the entire team here at Richardson General and Cosmetic Dentistry are committed to providing the best prosthodontics and restorative dentistry in Richardson, Texas and the surrounding area. We welcome you to our dental office and hope that you can become a part of our family. That’s right! As a dentist in Richardson, we consider our patient’s family and we treat them that way. If you feel that you may need restorative dentistry or replacement teeth from your dentist in Richardson, please give us a call at (972) 690-6653 or send us an email.